Sunday, April 3, 2011

Copycat Rag Quilt - First Attempt

I really love the look of the rag quilts that are selling these days. They look so soft and cuddly. But they can be expensive, sometimes selling for over $100. I just figured there must be something really difficult about making them that I am unaware of, considering that I have never made a quilt.

Then I found this tutorial, and this one.... and decided I must give it a try!

Here’s my first Copycat Rag Quilt



What I learned:
  • It was not difficult at all, as long as you know the basics of how to sew
  • If you use batting make sure to sew/quilt it down
  • Don’t use Terry cloth, as cute as it may look
 Seriously, you must try this!  I'd love to know if you do and I'll let you know when I attempt my Second Copycat Rag Quilt.

    1 comment:

    1. super cute lynda!!! i love it! you should give it a try doing a real quilt. i KNOW that if i can do it...you for sure can! i had so much fun making it!!!

      ReplyDelete