Monday, April 11, 2011

Copycat Pillowcase Dress from Fabric - First Attempt

I have seen some super cute pillowcase dresses out there.  My 16-month old daughter is running around like crazy these days, and since we live in hot, humid Florida,  I decided it was time to attempt a pillowcase dress.

I did not have a spare pillowcase and didn’t see the point of purchasing one considering I have a bit of extra fabric.

I searched the Internet and found this tutorial on using fabric instead of a pillowcase (isn’t that a sweet blog!).  I must note that I did not follow the tutorial exactly, I sort of winged it after reading it through.  If you have a pillowcase you'd like to use you won't have any trouble finding a tutorial, there are a ton online.

Here’s my Copycat Pillowcase Dress (some adjustments still needed)





Since my daughter does not stand still for long I had a hard time measuring how big to make the dress, so I ended up just making it a little big.  Once she grows into it I will need to trim and adjust the ribbons.  I might actually need to sew them so that she can't untie them...  we'll see :)

I think I might need to make her a matching purse to go along with her dress, what do you think?

If you have a little girl or know of one, a pillowcase dress is super-simple must. I’d love to know if you try it!

1 comment: